This website is best viewed in portrait mode.
The Big Dance Pledge is a free opportunity to take part in a connected creative process and performance with groups across the world.
Akram Khan’s choreography is now online!
Free choreography films, written resources and the music track are available to view and download after a short sign up form. Perform as part of our worldwide performance day on Friday 20 May 2016, or use the resources in the best way for you and perform whenever and as many times as you like.
Big Dance Shorts is back and continues to offers an exciting, high profile platform for choreographic and directorial talent on screen. We are delighted to be working with Channel 4 on a third and final series.
For 2016, Big Dance Shorts will focus on film ideas that engage actively and creatively with dance and celebrate a decade of Big Dance with the theme: Dance Decades. 5 films will be commissioned, each lasting no more than three minutes under the Channel 4 Random Acts Commissioning Agreement.
The deadline for proposals is 5pm on 11 January 2016. Find out more about how to apply.
With the world’s first ever Dance-O-Meter*, The Big Dance App is essential for dance fans.
– Count your dance moves with the Dance-O-Meter – find out which dance styles clock up the most moves!
– Upload your Big Dance Pledge photos and videos to the Big Dance website
– During Big Dance Week, Find events and tell us you’re coming
– Dance with the app at Big Dance events to win prizes in the Big Dance Challenge
– Never miss a Big Dance event when you register for updates