This website is best viewed in portrait mode.
We cannot deliver Big Dance without a team of incredible volunteers!
We would like to invite you to volunteer at the final Big Dance 2016.
We can guarantee that you will have fun, meet new people and be thoroughly inspired by dance!
The Big Dance Pledge is a free opportunity to take part in a connected creative process and performance with groups across the world.
Akram Khan’s choreography is now online!
Free choreography films, written resources and the music track are available to view and download after a short sign up form. Perform as part of our worldwide performance day on Friday 20 May 2016, or use the resources in the best way for you and perform whenever and as many times as you like.
Big Dance and Channel 4 are delighted to announce the 5 short dance films that have been awarded a new commission for the Channel 4 Random Acts strand.
Nominated by experts across the UK contemporary film and dance sectors and responding to the Big Dance 2016 festival’s theme ‘Dance Decades’, the selected filmmakers and choreographers will explore dance on film in a range of diverse and imaginative ways.
With the world’s first ever Dance-O-Meter*, The Big Dance App is essential for dance fans.
– Count your dance moves with the Dance-O-Meter – find out which dance styles clock up the most moves!
– Upload your Big Dance Pledge photos and videos to the Big Dance website
– During Big Dance Week, Find events and tell us you’re coming
– Dance with the app at Big Dance events to win prizes in the Big Dance Challenge
– Never miss a Big Dance event when you register for updates